Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Finds

So I must say winter in Toronto can get you down. Especially this one. Winter seems to drag on....which is why I spend my time indoors discovering what ever I can. I usually like to grab a couple of books, settle down, relax, and discover music. Now, I can't say my finds are new, or secret. They're just new to me. So after years of hearing of the bands Thin Lizzy, Budgie, and King Crimson, I finally decided to check them out. Thin Lizzy, is the band I new the most about, having heard The Boys Are Back in Town, all the time. I have too say out of the three they are the one I am not that into yet. I gave Jailbreak a few listens, and it's good, but I don't know if I would call it classic yet.

King Crimson, is good, as for as progressive rock goes. I can't usually stomache bands like Yes, or ELP, but there's something about Crimson. I urge everyone to listen to In The Court of the Crimson King, or Wake of the Posiedon. Both are damn good. There's a lot of creepy passages on both albums, and then some crazy loud parts. 21st Century Schizoid Man is worth a listen

Out of all of them Budgie was the only band I really didn't know except for Metallica covering them. They are a cross between Sabbath and Rush. I am checking out their early seventies catalog. If you like early metal this is a neat find. Check out Never Turn Your Back on a Friend, or their Self titled album. Classic records, both of them.

I also finally made my way through It by Stephen King, and I gotta say it's one of his better books. But I still have a fear of clowns!! I just find them even creepier now....YIKES

No comments: